Creative Commons (CC) is a new way of managing copyright in the digital environment. It allows us to take advantage of the innovative opportunities presented by the online environment.
Want to find out more?
Join us for this free public seminar, where Professor Brian Fitzgerald, Executive Dean, Faculty of Law, Australian Catholic University and the CC Australia team will share their experiences and explain to you:
- What CC is
- Who is using CC
- How you can make use of CC
- The advantages of applying CC licences and using materials distributed under CC licences
If you want answers to these questions, or are looking for an update on recent CC developments, register now!
This seminar is targeted at those working in government, education, research, creative and cultural sectors, as well as members of the general community. We will showcase practical examples of CC use in Australia and overseas.
When: Friday 15 June 2012, 9:00am – 12:00noon
Where: Australian Catholic University, Central Hall, 20 Brunswick Street, Fitzroy, Melbourne.
- Professor Brian Fitzgerald – Introduction to CC
- Elliott Bledsoe – CC & the Creative Sector
- Professor Anne Fitzgerald – OER and Research
- Liam Wyatt – CC & Culture
- Professor Anne Fitzgerald – CC in the Public Sector
- Cheryl Foong – CC in Practice: Application, Search & Attribution