Adding Creative Commons licences to your website hosting your videos
step 2: determining the right type of licence
For video artsist and filmmakers, Creative Commons has two licensing types that may apply:

  • you may want to use the standard Creative Commons licences
  • you may want to use a sampling licence, where people can take and transform pieces of your work for any purpose other than advertising (which is prohibited) and copying and distribution of the entire work is also prohibited.


note: after you have determined the licence you wish to use you need to embed it in the website. Embedding sampling licences and/or share music licence is identical to the process of embedding standard licences into a website, only use the code for those licences rather than the code for standard licences.


more info Still want more information about the sampling licences? The Creative Commons website has more information about sampling.


back to content creators | video | for websites | standard licences | sampling licences