embedding Creative Commons licences to electronic file formats other than HTML

step 2: determining the right type of licence

For musicians, Creative Commons has three licensing types that may apply:

  • you may want to use the standard Creative Commons licences
  • you may want to use a sampling licence, where people can take and transform pieces of your work for any purpose other than advertising (which is prohibited) and copying and distribution of the entire work is also prohibited.
  • you may want to use a share music licence, which is aimed at musicians that wants to spread their music on the web and filesharing networks legally for fans to download and share, while protecting the music from commercial use or remixing of any kind.


note: after you have determined the licence you wish to use you need to embed it in the website.




More Info
Still want more information about the sampling licences? The Creative Commons website has more information about sampling.



back to content creators | audio | for websites | for electronic file formats | standard licences | sampling licences | share music licence