Creative Commons Australia published Building an Australasian Commons: Creative Commons Case Studies Volume 1 in 2008. Rachel Cobcroft edited the collection.
Building an Australasian Commons: Creative Commons Case Studies Volume 1 includes 60 stories of how people are using Creative Commons in Australia and internationally. It highlights the work being done by commoners the world over, as well as providing examples, models and guidance for those wanting to explore their c1opyright options in the digital environment.
Each of the chapters can also be downloaded separately:
- Creative Commons & Sound
- Creative Commons & Democratic Change
- Creative Commons & Moving Images
- Creative Commons & Visual Arts
- Creative Commons, Cultural & Government Institutions
- Creative Commons & Written Word
- Creative Commons, Education & Research
Build your own
You can create your own book, using only the case studies that interest you. Below are the Indesign source files. So you can remix, recycle and reuse the book to create booklets, fact sheets or hand outs that are tailored to your region, field, or event. Just make sure you obey the Attribution licence for the text, and the licences for the individual photos (which you can find in the document).
- BAAC Indesign files
- BAAC image files – for full attribution and licence details for each photo, see the Indesign or PDF files above.