One of Creative Commons Australia’s most important roles is to provide educational classes, workshops, conferences and other forums about Creative Commons.
Podcasts and Vodcasts
Below are links to podcasts and vodcasts of various presentations, talks and conferences relating to Creative Commons and CCau.
- Professor Brian Fitzgerald presenting on The Use of CC and Access to Public Sector Information at the Queensland Government’s Right to Information Day Forum held in Brisbane on 28 September 2010. The lecture is available on YouTube here.
- Presentation slides and video of the Open Government Data Conference, held at QUT, Brisbane on 23 September 2011. Presenters include Andrew Stott from the United Kingdom’s Transparency Board, presenting on Open Data and Open Government implementation in the United Kingdom and Google’s Anthony Baxter presenting on Google.org’s crisis response efforts and use of open data.
- Audio recording of Professor Terry Fisher’s guest lecture on Copyright and the Future of Entertainment at the State Library of Queensland, Brisbane on 7 March 2007 (introduced by Professor Brian Fitzgerald).
- Jessica Coates presenting a guest lecture to Education students at QUT. The lecture is also available in smaller segments on Youtube here and the slides are available here.
- Slides and video by Tama Leaver (University of Western Australia) on how and why he uses CC resources in his own teaching. Presented at the Open Education Resources Free Seminar held in Brisbane in September 2008.
- Video logs from the Open Content Licensing conference held in January 2005
Below are various slideshow presentations made by members of the CCau team.
- Creative Commons Licensing and Social Media presented by Brian Fitzgerald at the Social Media Club seminar “Who Owns Social Content?” in Sydney in April 2010.
- Creative Commons presented by Anne Fitzgerald and Cheryl Foong to students in the School of Journalism and Communication at the University of Queensland on 27 August 2012
Use of Creative Commons licences in the Creative sectors (use of Creative Commons (CC) licences in the Creative sectors and examples of new business models) presented by Cheryl Foong at Creative Commons for You, and for Government at the National Library of Australia, Canberra, on 4 November 2011
Beyond the Rights Clearance Culture: new ways to think about copyright in film presented by Brian Fitzgerald and Jessica Coates on copyright and Creative Commons for independent filmmakers, at the Byron Bay Film Festival in March 2010
- Creative Commons: A New Model for Copyright Management for the Education Sector presented by Professor Brian Fitzgerald
- CC for Educators presented by Jessica Coates to Education students at QUT in August 2008. Smaller segments of the video are on Youtube here.
- Creative Commons for educators presented by Jessica Coates at the My Space, Our Place: Opportunities and Implications for teachers and students in online environments seminar organised by the Australian Teachers of Media Queensland, on 5 November 2007
- CC and Open Business Models presented by Jessica Coates to QUT students in 2010
- Creative Commons Overview presented by Jessica Coates at the Foundations of Open: Technology and Digital Knowledge Local 2020 Forum in Canberra on 3 April 2008
- Creative Commons licensing for game content creators presented by Jessica Coates at Linux.conf.au on 16 January 2008
- Getting it out there: open content licensing + independent media presented by Elliott Bledsoe at Ourmedia 2007
- Creative Commons: an introduction presented by Jessica Coates at the Anglican Church Grammar School, Brisbane on 15 May 2007
- Copyright for collaboration presented by Jessica Coates at the Wiki Teaching Symposium held at QUT on 6 July 2007.